Printed Electronics Lab
성안 인쇄전자연구소(SAM Printed Electronics Lab)는 OPV, OLED, Electric Circuit 등의 다양한 인쇄전자 어플리케이션
공정 및 장비 기술개발을 위해 설립된 특화 연구소입니다.
지난 5년간 SPEL은 인쇄전자 분야의 생산장비, 제어, 인쇄, 코팅, 건조/경화 기술을 포함하는 다양한 국가 과제를 성공적으로 수행해 왔으며
이와 관련된 제조기술 개발을 선도하고 있습니다. 당사의 롤투롤 (Roll to Roll) 기반 생산공정 기술에 대한 독보적인 노하우는 고객에게 turnkey base 시스템 기술로
제공 가능하며, 유연 인쇄전자 비즈니스를 원하는 고객에게 신뢰성 있는 최첨단 생산 기술제공을 약속합니다.
SungAn Printed Electronics Lab.
SPEL for Printed Intelligence
SungAn Printed Electronics Laboratory specializes in developing
process technology for various printed electronic applications
such as organic photovoltaic (OPV), organic light emitting diode
(OLED) lighting and others.
Since the last decade, SPEL has been focused on developing
the various fabrication processes, which is composed with
printing, coating and drying technology including
machine and control system.
The turn key system technology with roll to roll based
process and unique know-how of printing, coating and
drying offers reliable mass production to whomever
wants to start the flexible electronic business.
- Current status of SPEL
- Patents: 12 registered, 5 pending
- Government Project: 4 completed, 3 ongoing
- Hybrid system with coating and printing (slot die & rotary screen)
- Easy expansion with modular process unit
- Independent process control / particle, thermal and humidity control
- Atmosphere independent drying / high align accuracy
- Automated coating gap & width control
- 2015 AIMCAL Technology of the Year Award
- R2R based cylindrical bed flat screen printing system
- High align accuracy with non-contact printing process (<±30 um)
- Low operating tension deviation with motorized accumulator (<±0.1 kgf)
- Long MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) with zero-like clearance
- High printing resolution
- Long printing reliability
- Compact design for material and device structure research
- Applicable to clean room and glove box
- High efficiency of material usage
- Easy process control with auto recipe management
- Precise ink flow control
- Closed ink delivery system for stable process of organic materials
Core technology of printed electronics
R2R based direct metal etching system
- TCO, metal grid patterning NFC, RFID tag antenna TFT metal electrode
- Precision pattern printing & registration: < 40um
- Collaboration with “VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.”
- VTT is the leading research and technology company in the Nordic countries.
Advantage of direct metal etching paste
Conventional wet etching process
R2R hybrid etching process (with etching paste)
Ultra high quality barrier film production system
- Applications: High quality PE (OLED, OPV etc.) protection film
- High speed & high quality barrier film production
- High material usage efficiency
- WVTR: 10-6g/m2·day
- Substrate (≤200um): PEN, PET, etc.
- Width of substrate: 300 mm
- Process speed: 2 m/min
- Deposition rate: 200 nm/min
- Collaboration with
“KIST, Korea Institute of Science and Technology”
is the leading research institute in Republic of Korea.
Advantage of SAM’s ultra high barrier technology
Conventional barrier film tech
oxygen diffusion path length
- Organic/Inorganic multilayer
- : 4~5 barrier layer
- Organic: Monomer mixture
- Inorganic: Aluminum oxide
- Method: Sputtering, non-conformal